Thai Quinoa Salad with Peanut Dressing is full of plant primarily based protein. You’ll love each drop of this wholesome, filling, flavorful dish!
Seize a serviette since you’re going to need to lick your bowl clear after the final chunk of Thai Quinoa Salad with Peanut Dressing! Between the spoon-drink-worthy peanut dressing, and the recent and wholesome substances its drizzled on high of, this salad is an absolute dream to eat from first style to, properly, don’t say I didn’t warn you about how this consuming expertise goes to finish. 😉
Thai Quinoa Salad is the right transition meal from heavy consolation meals into gentle and springy dishes, although the mix of flavors, textures and substances are so scrumptious you’ll be making this dish all 12 months spherical.
Quinoa and Lettuce Primarily based Salad
Over the previous few months I’ve been working with a pal of mine who’s a dietitian on making a recipe e book for her purchasers, and thru that course of I’ve been re-introduced to quinoa. Quinoa is technically a seed however as soon as it’s ready you eat it like a grain – much like rice, for instance. Quinoa just isn’t solely gluten free however full of protein and different vitamins like fiber, folate, magnesium, zinc, and iron.
They don’t name it an excellent meals for nothing!
I used to eat quinoa always a few years in the past (right here’s all my quinoa recipes!) however fell out of the behavior someplace alongside the best way. Already lengthy story brief, my pal Kim and I created just a few salad recipes for her e book that pair quinoa with lettuce for a protein and diet increase, and the idea is completely rocking my world!
Thai Quinoa Salad with Peanut Dressing
In Thai Quinoa Salad with Peanut Dressing, cooked then cooled quinoa is mixed with lettuce plus a number of recent and crunchy herbs and greens, then drizzled with my signature Peanut Dressing. When you’ve tried this recipe earlier than then you know the way INSANELY scrumptious this dressing is.
The result’s a salad that eats like a real meal, and critically, actually, it would be best to lick your bowl clear on the finish. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- Quinoa: I like Bob’s Purple Mill quinoa which I cook dinner in hen or vegetable broth for max taste. No matter model you purchase, be certain the bundle says “pre rinsed” as quinoa has a bitter coating that must be rinsed off previous to cooking. You’ll find quinoa at nearly any grocery retailer as of late.
- Lettuce: Use no matter you’ve received within the fridge – spring combine, child spinach, romaine – no matter!
- Purple bell pepper: Purple bell pepper brings taste, crunch, and coloration to this salad.
- Shredded carrots: I purchase a bag of pre-shedded carrots each week as a result of they’re really easy and handy so as to add to soups, stir fries, and salads.
- Edamame: Edamame provides plant-based protein to this salad. I hold a bag of frozen shelled natural edamame readily available always to toss into stir fries, or thaw in a bowl of water so as to add to salads.
- Inexperienced onions: Inexperienced onions present a pleasant crisp zip to the salad.
- Peanuts: Minced peanuts add extra craveable taste and crunch to this quinoa salad.
- Recent cilantro: Chopped cilantro brings a burst of freshness to every bites, plus it pairs tremendous properly with the peanut dressing.
- Peanut Dressing: Raid the cabinets for the on a regular basis substances wanted to shake up this straightforward but thoughts blowing dressing. It should instantly turn into your new favourite salad dressing!
Make As soon as, Eat Twice
The recipe for Thai Quinoa Salad makes sufficient for 2 huge salads so it’s nice for meal prep. Eat one serving for lunch, then pack the second serving in a glass dish, or layer the substances in a mason jar (lettuce on high), and drizzle with dressing simply earlier than serving a day or two later.
Serve it as a Facet
Thai Quinoa Salad additionally makes for a wonderful facet dish to pair with grilled or rotisserie hen, or shrimp, specifically. The truth is, the leftover dressing is fabulous drizzled over any cooked, sizzling protein.
SO wholesome, SO scrumptious, let’s get to it!
Make the Salad
Begin by cooking quinoa in hen broth or vegetable broth for max taste, or just in water. Comply with the bundle instructions, however usually you’ll add quinoa and liquid in a 1:2 ratio, respectively, to a pot then deliver to a boil, place a lid on high, flip the warmth right down to low, and simmer for 10-Quarter-hour. Fluff with a fork and voila — cooked quinoa!
Let the quinoa cool barely — you may make it as much as a number of days forward of time.
When it’s time to eat, add the cooked quinoa to a bowl with blended greens, shelled edamame, inexperienced onions, recent cilantro, pink bell peppers, shredded carrots, and minced peanuts.
Make the Peanut Dressing
Subsequent combine up the Peanut Dressing. This recipe will make sufficient to generously coat two salads with a bit of leftover. Use it to decorate different salads, or dunk into with recent veggies, sauteed hen, or grilled shrimp. Or, like I stated, seize a spoon…
To a jar with a good becoming lid, or bowl, add:
- Peanut butter
- Honey (or pure maple syrup to maintain the recipe vegan)
- Gluten free Tamari (or soy sauce — dish won’t be gluten-free if utilizing conventional soy sauce)
- Rice vinegar
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sesame oil
- Floor ginger
- Recent garlic cloves
- Recent lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Scorching water
Shake or whisk the dressing till it’s clean and creamy. Completed!
Drizzle the quinoa salad with the peanut dressing then add a squeeze of recent lime juice, for those who please, and dig in. Oh my gosh, I’m telling you that is the most recent, most flavorful salad of your life. SO GOOD! Get pleasure from, get pleasure from!
Extra Wholesome and Filling Salad Recipes
free electronic mail bonus!
Dinner Made EASY!
easy but flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
Thai Quinoa Salad with Peanut Dressing
Thai Quinoa Salad with Peanut Dressing is full of plant primarily based protein! You’ll love each drop of this wholesome, filling, flavorful dish!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 huge handfuls blended greens OR child spinach
- 1/2 pink bell pepper, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 2 inexperienced onions, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons peanuts, minced
- handful recent cilantro, chopped
- For the Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons gluten free Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon floor ginger
- 1 giant or 2 small cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- juice of 1/2 lime (different half sliced into wedges)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons sizzling water
- For the Peanut Dressing: Add all substances to a bowl or mason jar with a good becoming lid then whisk or shake properly to mix. Put aside.
- Divide remaining salad substances between two bowls then drizzle with dressing and serve with lime wedges.
- Prepare dinner quinoa in hen or vegetable broth to provide it extra taste.
- Be happy so as to add protein to bulk this salad up – I like sauteed or roasted shrimp, or shredded rotisserie hen.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Woman Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
Images by Ashley McLaughlin