Bought leftover white rice? Make shrimp fried rice for a protein and veggie-packed meal able to go in lower than half-hour.
Favourite Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Shrimp fried rice is considered one of my go-to takeout meals. I like that it’s made with protein-packed shrimp, tons of veggies, and a yummy fried rice sauce.
It’s a flexible dish that may be made your very personal by utilizing the veggies you have got available and no matter leftover rice you have got. That’s proper, shrimp fried rice makes use of leftover (chilled) rice.
On this put up, we’ll educate you tips on how to make shrimp fried rice and in addition share some suggestions and methods to verify your dish comes out excellent!
Attempt an genuine shrimp fried rice recipe by testing the Woks of Life’s Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe. Their recipe comes immediately from their household’s Chinese language takeout restaurant.
Why you’ll find it irresistible!
Along with shrimp fried rice being a balanced meal, right here’s why it is advisable make it!
- Shrimp: for this recipe we’re utilizing jumbo shrimp that’s deveined and peeled. Earlier than anyything you’ll marinate it in a mix of sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic chili sauce, and lime juice to make it good and juicy and flavorful.
- Veggies: the good factor about shrimp fried rice is that you should use just about any veggie. In our shrimp fried rice recipe we use inexperienced onion, carrot, pink pepper, and edamame.
- Chilled white rice: any form of cooked, chilled rice (for at the very least in a single day!) will work for this recipe. We want a long-grain white rice equivalent to jasmine or basmati.
- Egg: eggs are scrambled in proper on the finish so as to add texture and protein.
Do it’s a must to use chilled rice for fried rice?
Whilst you don’t HAVE to make use of chilled rice for fried rice, we do advocate doing it. In a single day white rice is the important thing to restaurant-style fried rice the place the rice doesn’t clump and each chunk is flavorful.
Fried Rice Sauce
The important thing to fried rice is the fried rice sauce. Ours is made with 6 easy elements.
- Soy sauce
- Maple syrup (traditional fried rice doesn’t use any sweetener, however we want it!)
- Rice vinegar
- Fish sauce
- Minced garlic
- Chili garlic sauce
Find out how to Season Shrimp for Fried Rice
Seasoning shrimp for fried rice is straightforward. We advocate letting your peeled and deveined shrimp marinate in sesame oil, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and slightly lime juice earlier than cooking. Let sit for half-hour.
Why season your shrimp first? We like to do that to verify the shrimp is infused with taste in each chunk!
Find out how to Make Shrimp Fried Rice
- Marinate shrimp: mix sesame oil, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Then, toss the shrimp in it and let marinate for half-hour.
- Make fried rice sauce: mix soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, fish sauce, garlic, and chili garlic sauce and put aside.
- Cook dinner shrimp: Cook dinner shrimp for 4 minutes over medium/excessive after which flip and prepare dinner for two extra minutes. Take away from warmth and put aside.
- Cook dinner veggies: prepare dinner inexperienced onion and minced carrot in sesame oil.
- Add white rice: add chilled white rice, pink pepper, and edamame, and prepare dinner for 4-6 minutes. Add fried rice sauce and toss.
- Cook dinner eggs: create a nicely in the midst of the fride rice and crack in 3 eggs. Gently whisk till cooked.
- Toss: toss your shrimp fried rice collectively and serve instantly.
Prime Suggestions for Fried Rice with Shrimp
Use chilly rice: be certain that to make use of chilled rice. In case you use freshly cooked rice, you’ll discover that it turns into mushy.
Don’t over scramble the egg: be certain that to maintain your scrambled eggs good and enormous. In case you over-scramble it, it would get misplaced in your shrimp fried rice!
Don’t overcook the shrimp: no matter you do, don’t overcook the shrimp! Overcooked shrimp turns into rubbery and nobody needs that.
Shrimp fried rice is made with cooked shrimp, a wide range of veggies, eggs, and a fried rice sauce composed of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and fish sauce.
You’re greater than welcome to place oyster sauce in shrimp fried rice.
We advocate letting your shrimp marinate in a mix of sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic sauce, and lime juice. It would give your shrimp further taste in each chunk.
Retailer shrimp fried rice in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
To reheat: be happy to reheat within the microwave on excessive for 90 seconds or in a nonstick skillet. Warmth slightly olive oil over medium/excessive warmth and prepare dinner fried rice for 3-5 minutes or till scorching.
Shrimp Fried Rice
Discover ways to make shrimp fried rice with this straightforward recipe. It is made with jumbo shrimp, fried rice sauce, and veggies to spherical out this balanced meal.
Cook dinner:30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil separated
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce separated
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- ½ tablespoon recent lime juice
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp (we used jumbo) peeled, de-veined, and tail eliminated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 inexperienced onions minced
- 3 small carrots minced (~1 cup)
- 4 cups cooked chilled white rice (or brown)*
- 1 massive pink pepper minced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 3 massive eggs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce
First, marinate the shrimp. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to a big bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of chili sauce, and lime juice to the bowl. Whisk the elements collectively. Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss the shrimp into the sauce. Sprinkle the garlic powder over the shrimp and toss as soon as extra. Cowl the bowl and place the shrimp within the fridge for half-hour.
In the meantime, put together the fried rice sauce. Combine all elements collectively and put aside.
As soon as the shrimp has marinated it’s time to prepare dinner the shrimp. Place the shrimp in a big chilly skillet pan with sides. Flip the warmth to excessive and prepare dinner the shrimp for 4 minutes on one facet. Take away the skillet from the warmth and flip the shrimp over. Allow them to prepare dinner for a further 2-3 minutes or till the shrimp are pink and totally cooked. Take away the shrimp from the pan.
Place the skillet pan again on to the warmth. Add one other tablespoon of sesame oil to the pan, after which add solely the white elements of the inexperienced onion and minced carrot. Saute over medium/excessive warmth for 2-3 minutes.
Then, add the chilled white rice and sauté for one more 2-3 minutes. Add the pink pepper and frozen edamame and saute for one more 2-3 minutes. Lastly, add fried rice sauce and cooked shrimp and proceed to prepare dinner for 3-4 minutes.
Flip warmth all the way down to medium after which create a big nicely within the middle of your pan. Crack in 3 massive eggs and scramble. Then, add 1 teaspoon soy sauce to the scrambled eggs and blend. Let eggs prepare dinner within the pan, folding them onto themselves whereas sustaining bigger chunks of scrambled eggs. As soon as the eggs are totally cooked, combine the whole lot collectively to mix.
Serve shrimp fried rice with the inexperienced elements of the inexperienced onion.
Suggestions & Notes
- Make sure to use chilled rice that has sat for at the very least in a single day. It creates essentially the most scrumptious fried rice texture. You should utilize brown rice, too, however we extremely advocate long-grain white rice.
- Be happy to alter out the greens within the recipe for a frozen mixture of fried rice greens. Simply omit the recent greens and add the entire greens to the pan once you add the frozen edamame.
- In case you like spicy fried rice, add extra garlic chili sauce.
- We like slightly extra fish sauce in our stir fry sauce so we at all times add greater than a teaspoon, however be happy to make use of as a lot as you’d like.
Energy: 585kcal Carbohydrates: 65g Protein: 45g Fats: 14g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 9g
Pictures: photographs taken on this put up are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.