Begin your morning off proper with these fluffy banana oatmeal pancakes! This unimaginable stack of pancakes is made with a mix of oat flour and rolled oats, along with eggs, coconut oil, and naturally, mashed banana!
This oatmeal banana pancake recipe is of course gluten-free, made with complete grains, and a wholesome breakfast thought any day of the week.
BEST Oatmeal Banana Pancakes on the Web
Immediately we’re sharing a extremely requested breakfast recipe — Banana Oatmeal Pancakes! Most of our wholesome pancake recipes on Match Foodie are made with a white complete wheat flour base, however right this moment we’re holding this recipe 100% gluten-free.
Are you able to guess what flour we used? You bought it — Oat flour! Along with oat flour, we’re additionally utilizing rolled oats to get that texture. PS: don’t have oat flour? Simply whip out your blender and mix up some rolled oats. In about 20 seconds, you’ll have selfmade oat flour.
PS: it’s important to strive our fluffy pancakes. They’re significantly the fluffiest pancakes you’ll ever make.
WHY THESE ARE TRULY THE BEST PANCAKES
- Naturally Gluten-Free: all substances used on this reciep (if licensed g/f) are naturally freed from gluten.
- 100% Entire Grains: oatmeal is an entire grain, making these a heart-healthy breakfast.
- Protein-Packed: per serving, there may be 10g protein. That’s fairly nice for breakfast!
- Simple to Freeze: as a result of these are freezer-friendly (tutorial beneath) these wholesome pancakes are good for meal-prep.
What You Want
Along with this recipe being gluten-free, it’s additionally refined sugar-free! Add in some vanilla extract and coconut oil and also you’ve received your self the most effective wholesome oatmeal banana pancakes on the web!
Floor oat flour: no oat flour at dwelling? No worry! Grind up some rolled oats right into a high quality flour and also you’re good to go! In case you are celiac, be sure to purchase the licensed gluten-free model on the retailer. We advise Bob’s Purple Mill.
Baking powder: Baking powder is the way in which to go together with pancakes! You’ll want 1 teaspoon.
Eggs: Eggs not solely add fluffiness to this gluten free pancake recipe however protein too! Should you’re on the lookout for a vegan choice, you may strive utilizing 2 flax eggs as an alternative!
Mashed banana: Since mashed banana is the one true sweetener on this recipe, the riper the higher! You may as well sub applesauce, however you’ll want so as to add some maple syrup.
Vanilla extract: Can’t go flawed with a splash of vanilla extract.
Coconut oil: We nixed the butter and used coconut oil as an alternative for a silky clean taste and texture! Should you don’t have coconut oil, butter or vegetable oil will work.
Add extra taste
Wanting so as to add extra taste? Add a pinch of any of the next:
A be aware on gluten-free: In case you are hoping to make this recipe 100% gluten-free, please be sure to use licensed gluten-free oat flour and oats!
Find out how to make oat flour at dwelling
Place 1 cup of oats in a high-speed blender. Mix on excessive till a flour varieties. You may as well use a meals processor of espresso bean grinder.
Suggestions and Tips for Good Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
Use Ripe Bananas: the riper your bananas, the sweeter your pancakes shall be.
Prepare dinner Low and Sluggish: the important thing to creating positive these pancakes cook dinner totally is cooking them low and sluggish. So, be sure that to set your burner to low and be affected person! You don’t need your griddle or pan to get too scorching or the insides received’t cook dinner.
Flip When Effervescent: you recognize your pancakes are able to flip when little bubbles start to type on the outsides. The underside of the pancake needs to be golden brown.
- Peanut butter: add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to your pancake batter to make these peanut butter banana oatmeal pancakes!
- Berry: berries don’t must be only for topping! Add about 1/2 cup of recent berries (frozen works too) to your batter earlier than cooking. PS: you may even use frozen berries. We desire blueberries in pancakes, however any sort will work.
- Chocolate: add round 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and a splash extra of almond milk to make these chocolatey. If you need it much more chocolatey, you may add some chocolate chips!
- Protein: a good way to get much more protein in your breakfast is so as to add protein powder to your batter! Sub 1/4 cup of the bottom oat flour in your favourite protein powder (we suggest vanilla).
information to protein powder
On the lookout for the most effective protein powder to purchase? Try our Information to Protein Powder the place we share our high plant-based and whey protein powders.
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes FAQ
You solely want 7 substances to make wholesome banana pancakes. Combine collectively oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, eggs, mashed banana, vanilla, and coconut oil. Then, cook dinner over low/medium warmth.
Sure, you can also make pancakes with oatmeal! And, if oatmeal is the one grain you may have in your house, no worry as a result of you may grind your oats into oat flour in an effort to take advantage of scrumptious oatmeal pancake recipe on the market!
We don’t suggest utilizing steel-cut oatmeal for this recipe as they’re too coarse.
How do you make wholesome banana pancakes with out eggs? Whereas we haven’t formally examined this technique, be happy to substitute the eggs in these wholesome oatmeal pancakes for flax eggs. Try our tutorial on methods to make a flax egg.
Banana pancakes are a wholesome breakfast choice that pack in complete grains, a serving of fruit, fiber, and protein! These banana oat pancakes are dairy-free, gluten-free, kid-friendly, and freezer-friendly!
It’s seemingly that your banana to flour ratio was an excessive amount of. Add just a little bit extra flour and almond milk to your pancake combine. It may be that you just forgot egg, which can assist make your pancakes fluffy as an alternative of mushy.
Find out how to Freeze Pancakes (and cook dinner them too)
I discussed above that sure you may freeze these pancakes and we extremely counsel doing so! Each time Mark and I make pancakes at dwelling, it’s nearly all the time a double batch so we will freeze some for later. Right here’s a fast tutorial on how to take action:
- First, let your pancakes cool utterly. The rationale we do that is in order that the pancakes can come right down to room temperature and cease producing a lot moisture (steam). This can stop freezer burn within the freezer.
- Then, stack 1 serving of pancakes (2 pancakes) collectively. Tightly wrap them in a chunk of plastic wrap. Make certain to take away as a lot air as attainable (that is additionally to stop freezer burn).
- Place pancakes within the freezer and freeze for as much as 3 months.
Thaw & Prepare dinner
Choice 1: Thaw pancakes within the fridge in a single day. Then, reheat within the microwave for 60 seconds within the morning.
Choice 2: Place frozen pancakes within the toaster or toaster oven and toast on medium till heat.
- 1 cup floor oat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 massive eggs
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (~1 cup mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Elective: unsweetend almond milk*
- Start by inserting dry substances right into a medium bowl. Whisk till mixed.
- Then, mash bananas in a big bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk till mixed.
- Switch dry substances into moist and blend till mixed.
- Lastly, add in melted coconut oil and blend once more till mixed.
- Warmth a big skillet over low/medium warmth. Spray with coconut oil cooking spray. Spoon on about 1/3 cup of batter and let cook dinner for 2-3 minutes on all sides. Repeat.
Suggestions & Notes
- Unsweetened almond milk: In case your batter is just a little too thick (all will depend on how ripe your bananas are), add just a little little bit of almond milk to the batter.
- Choice to sub any pureed fruit for the mashed banana. Solutions embody applesauce or pumpkin puree.
- Protein powder: for those who’re trying so as to add protein powder to this recipe, you may sub out 1/4 of the bottom oat flour for 1/4 cup of your favourite protein powder.
Serving Dimension: 1/4
Key phrases: banana oatmeal pancakes, oatmeal pancakes