You’ll love this air fryer honey sesame hen recipe. It’s made with lean hen breast and a yummy honey sesame sauce after which air-fried to make the hen tremendous crispy with out deep frying.
Finest Honey Sesame Rooster!
It’s true, I’m a takeout snob. We order Chinese language meals at the least as soon as per week at my home and we regularly get a mixture of stir-fried meals akin to beef and broccoli or hen stir fry and fried meals like sesame hen.
What I LOVE about this honey sesame hen is that the sauce is created from scratch utilizing a mixture of soy sauce, honey, fish sauce, and white vinegar. And, that it’s air fried as a substitute of deep-fried.
You continue to get that deep-fried texture with air frying, however with out the mess of oil. That is really essentially the most scrumptious air fryer hen you’ll ever eat. Take pleasure in!
Why you’ll find it irresistible!
Takeout at House
- Rooster breast: this sesame hen recipe requires hen bresat. Nonetheless, you’re greater than welcome to make use of boneless, skinless hen thighs as a substitute.
- Seasonings: you want salt, garlic powder, floor ginger, and sesame seeds.
- Cornstarch: cornstarch helps make the hen good and crunchy– similar to when it’s deep-fried.
- Eggs: egg is used to assist the cornstarch and seasonings keep on with the hen.
I’m a sucker for a yummy sauce and also you’re going to swoon over this honey sesame sauce! Right here’s what you want:
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Fish sauce
- White vinegar
- Grated white onion
- Inexperienced onion
What’s Gochujang? Gochujang is a thick paste that’s candy, bitter, and spicy. It’s a fermented Korean chili paste. Listed below are some nice choices for substitutions.
The best way to Make Honey Sesame Rooster in Air Fryer
- Prep hen: slice hen into 1.5-inch items.
- Dip hen: whisk eggs in a big bowl and add cornstarch and spices one other bowl an whisk. Dip the hen items within the egg combination after which into the cornstarch combination. Repeat.
- Air Fry hen: spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the hen items on the pan. Be sure to not overcrowd the hen. You’ll probably cook dinner this in batches. Drizzle hen with sesame seeds and air fry at 400ºF for 10 minutes. Flip and air fry for six extra minutes.
- Make sauce: Cook dinner garlic in sesame oil. Then, add soy sauce, water, honey, fish sauce, vinegar, grated onion, and Gochuchang and whisk.
- Thicken sauce: take away some sauce and whisk it with cornstarch. Add the cornstarch slurry again into the sauce and whisk over low warmth till thick.
- Toss hen: toss the air fried hen within the honey sesame sauce.
- Serve: serve with sesame seeds and inexperienced onion over your favourite grain.
Whereas this sesame hen recipe is scrumptious by itself, you’ll be able to full the meal by serving it with any of the next:
White Sticky Rice: Sticky rice is a really versatile recipe to pair with many Asian-inspired dishes. Make sticky rice in your personal kitchen with our step-by-step directions. Take pleasure in!
Rooster Lettuce Wraps: These home made PF Changs Rooster Lettuce Wraps are the right technique to begin a meal or, as a result of why not, to be the primary meal.
Rooster Fried Rice: This simple hen fried rice recipe makes takeout a breeze in your personal kitchen. On this submit, we’ll educate you how you can make hen fried rice and share some alternate variations as nicely.
Brown Rice: Making Instantaneous Pot Brown Rice is as simple as 1-2-3. All you want is and Instantaneous Pot, water, and your favourite brown rice and also you’re able to make a giant batch of rice. It seems good and fluffy each time.
Whereas we propose consuming this Air Fryer Honey Sesame Rooster as recent as attainable, you’ll be able to positively retailer the leftovers for later.
Switch leftovers into an hermetic container and retailer within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
To reheat: reheat within the microwave for 90 seconds or on the stovetop over medium warmth for 3-5 minutes or till sizzling.
Air Fryer Honey Sesame Rooster
This saucy, scrumptious air fryer honey sesame hen is prepared in 30 minute and tastes deep-fried, nevertheless it’s truly made within the air fryer!
Cook dinner:20 minutes
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon floor ginger
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds separated
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless hen breasts
- 2 massive eggs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil separated
- 7 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated white onion
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang crimson chili paste works too
- 2 inexperienced onions minced
Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF.
Start by including the cornstarch to a big bowl and take away 1.5 teaspoons of the cornstarch from the bowl and set it apart for later.
Add the garlic powder, salt, ginger, and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds to the cornstarch combination and whisk to mix. Put aside.
Add the eggs to a separate massive bowl and whisk till mixed.
Reduce the hen breast into 1-1.5-inch chunks and add the hen to the bowl with the eggs. Toss the hen with the egg combination till the hen is coated.
Take away the hen items from the egg combination and permit any extra egg to drip from the hen.
Add the hen items to the bowl with the cornstarch. Toss the hen with the cornstarch combination till the hen is coated.
Spray the air fryer with cooking spray after which add the coated hen items to the air fryer in a single single layer (a couple of overlaps are okay). Drizzle the hen with 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
Air fry the hen for 10 minutes at 400ºF. When the hen has cooked for 10 minutes, flip the hen over and cook dinner it for an extra 6 minutes till golden brown and crispy.
In the meantime, make the garlic sesame sauce. Add the remaining sesame oil to a small saucepan. When the sesame oil is aromatic add the garlic to the pan.
Sauté the garlic for 2-3 minutes after which add the soy sauce, water, honey, fish sauce, white vinegar, grated onion, and Gochuchang to the pan. Whisk the components collectively.
Deliver the sauce to a boil over medium/excessive warmth after which flip the warmth to low and let the sauce simmer for five minutes.
Take away ¼ cup of the sauce from the pan and add the remaining 1.5 teaspoons of cornstarch to the ¼ cup of sauce. Whisk the two components collectively. It would thicken. Add it again into the saucepan and whisk the sauce collectively. Enable the sauce to thicken.
When the hen is golden brown and cooked by way of, add the hen to a big bowl and add then add the sauce. Gently toss the hen within the sauce till coated.
Garnish the honey sesame hen with diced inexperienced onion and sesame seeds. Serve over rice and luxuriate in!
Ideas & Notes
- We used a 7-qt air fryer for this recipe. We advise utilizing a bigger air fryer.
- You should use hen thighs or hen breasts for this recipe.
- If you happen to don’t have sriracha or Gochujang you should use garlic chili sauce.
Energy: 524kcal Carbohydrates: 56g Protein: 46g Fats: 13g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 26g
Images: pictures taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.